TPO is formed in sheets made up of popropylene and ethylene propylene polymers which are reinforced with polyester. The process of manufacturing TPO requires no plasticizer or chlorine.
TPO is applied in large rolls that vary in both size and thickness. TPO can be fully adhered, mechanically fastened, or ballasted. The seams of the membrane are hot air-welded together to form a very strong waterproof bond between sheets.
- most environmentally friendly single ply system
- Great flexibility even at extremely low temperatures
- Strong puncture resistant material
- Cool roof Energy Star system UV resistant, can lower heating and cooling bills
- Reduces the heat island effect and solar heat gain
- Resistant to chemicals, acid, salt, oil, etc.
- Extremely strong seams